- Do you have a book in you, ready to bring it forth from scratch? A manuscript needing more work? Or so close to finishing, but just gotta get back to it?
- Do you need a group to kindly hold you accountable?
- Do you yearn for good company so you know you’re not alone?
- Are you hoping to be empowered to express your deepest truths with creative courage?
If you are an “author in progress” working on a book of any genre, our new writing group just might be for you!
This Creative Courage Container for Authors in Progress is a 10-week window that invites affirmation, accountability and continuity. You get a dedicated span of weeks to really commit to writing (call it a sprint or a challenge if you like). Ideally, with 10-12 weeks, trust clicks among the group members.
This is NOT that…
- It is not a “workshop” with specific learning objectives or promises of productivity or a pressured rush to get it done.
- This is not a competitive critique group. It is not about wielding a bright red editing pen to prove anything. We commit to the group guidelines & practices for protecting against soul-crushing advice-giving or harsh comments.
- This is not pre-recorded, or recorded live for later viewing. This is “a live encounter” as close as we can get to meeting in person in a circle every week for a set time to really get to know each other’s stories and support each other’s growth as a “whole author.”
Dates: Tuesday, May 4th through July 13 (skip July 6)
Times: Tuesdays from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm Mountain Time (1-3pm ET / 12-2 pm CT / 10-12 PT / 6-8pm UK) Find Your Local Time: http://bit.ly/CCCtzc5
If this 10-week span of dates and times does not work for you, let me know what would. I’ll make a waitlist for future offerings. If you’re looking/wishing for something more specific, I’d love to know!
Tuition: $350. Registration is complete upon receipt of tuition. I’ll send you an invoice after you fill out the application form.
What you get:
- The 10-week Creative Courage Container experience on Zoom to move your book writing forward with a supportive group of kindred spirits.
- Handouts and agendas sent in advance each week to print.
- Membership in our Mighty Network for Creative Courage Authors, with a sub-group for the 10-week course to expand your connection and conversation. Right now, the online community is free, the workshops or writing groups will be paid, as well as the 1:1 coaching, so there is a range of offerings and price points.
The container we co-create is based on time-tested principles and practices of the Circle of Trust® approach and also inspired by Women Writing for (a) Change®. Conscious listening and other protocols aim to create safe and brave space to be witnessed, to be heard, and to be inspired. When we practice these ways of interacting, we learn to trust our inner author’s wisdom, invite our authentic voice to emerge, and gain clarity for our book-writing by requesting the type of feedback we’re ready to receive. I’ll invite weekly check-ins after each session as a feedback loop to collectively tend to our creative-courage container.
Weekly Agenda: Each session will last 2 hours on Zoom (plus 15 min on either side to settle in and hang out). We’ll start with a brief check-in, do a fast-write to get our juices flowing. Then we break into small groups to read “in progress” writing and request feedback. We’ll end back in the whole group with question-asking time. Ideally, we’ll have three writers per small groups to allow for about 20 minutes each to read aloud and receive input. You are expected to do your writing between classes.
Your commitment and presence create accountability, reciprocity and encouragement to your writing and to the whole group. The writing you bring to share for feedback each session is your choice and responsibility.
This my first community offering for 2021 for the authors I am already working with and new ones. It doesn’t commit you to or guarantee publishing with Creative Courage Press – it’s simply a place to prepare you for publishing your book, first with a focus on your writing.
Ready to Sign Up?
It’s understandably challenging to commit to 10 weeks in a row, especially over summer months. I’m not sure with COVID that we will be on vacations in the same way we might otherwise, or maybe you’re planning a vacation to make time to write. It is definitely a commitment to yourself but also to the other writers in the circle to be present for reciprocal sharing, honoring each other’s commitments and time.
Before signing up, please consider carefully whether you can commit to showing up for every single class (except for life emergencies, of course).
After you register, I will set up a 1:1 call with you to go over the protocols, and hear about your hopes and current stage of writing your book. It will be great to get ready for our time together.
Last day to register: Tuesday, April 27, 2021. I’m aiming for a small, intimate group of 9-12 writers.
Refund and Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel, within one week before the start date, a $300 refund will be given ($50 is nonrefundable). Or you can apply those funds toward three hours of 1:1 coaching services for use within six months. No refunds will be given after the class begins.
Please contact me with any questions: email@example.com or (970) 812-3224.
Listen to a recent podcast with me and Jasraj Hothi, founder of INF Club and indie author himself, where I talk about the importance of community and what types of feedback create trust in ourselves when we interact in a way that supports our inner author.